10 places to enjoy Halloween fun in Durham Region and Kawartha Lakes (Before Halloween)
October 2019 | Fall Fun
October 19, 2019
- Pumpkinville | Sat., 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. FREE activity | Where: Ajax Downs Racetrack, 50 Alexander’s Crossing Ajax, ON
- Halloween Train Rides | Sat., Oct. 19 – Sun., Oct. 20 Where: York-Durham Heritage Railway, 19 Railway St. Uxbridge, ON
- Adventures at the BOO-seum! | Hosted by Scugog Shores Museum Village & Archives | Oct 19., 11 am -3 pm
- Haunted Village — Kawartha Settlers Village | Oct 19., 5 pm – 9 pm | Bobcaygeon
- Boo At The Toronto Zoo– Kids In Costume 12 & Under FREE* | Oct 19, 20, Oct 26 & 27.
October 25 & 26
Halloween Haunt at the Kids’ Safety Village – 2019 | Fri., Oct. 25 – Sat., Oct. 26 Kids Safety Village Of Durham Region, 1129 Athol St. Whitby, ON
- Spooky Nights at Brooks Farms | Fri., Oct 25, 5 pm-8 pm
- BOO!fest hosted by Group 74 | Kids Halloween Party | Oct 26, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm in Whitby
- Fright at the Museum | Sat Oct 26., 6pm -9pm | Sat., 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. | Uxbridge Historical Centre, 7239 Concession Rd 6 Uxbridge, ON
- Pre-school Halloween Party! | Oct 30th in Lindsay | 1:30 pm- 2:30 pm
- Family Halloween Activities | Sat., Oct. 26 & 27, 10:00 a.m – 4 pm. Canadian Automotive Museum in Oshawa.
Some tips for a Safe Halloween
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them. Limit the number of treats you eat.
- Use a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and others see you. WALK and don’t run from house to house
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use crosswalks wherever possible.
- ALWAYS walk on sidewalks whenever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.
- Only visit well-lit houses. Never accept rides from strangers.
With local real estate when you sign up for our newsletter. Join our mailing list here to get updates on the latest listings and expert insights.