10 places to enjoy Halloween fun in Durham Region and Kawartha Lakes (Before Halloween)
October 2019 | Fall Fun
October 19, 2019
- Pumpkinville | Sat., 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. FREE activity | Where: Ajax Downs Racetrack, 50 Alexander’s Crossing Ajax, ON
- Halloween Train Rides | Sat., Oct. 19 – Sun., Oct. 20 Where: York-Durham Heritage Railway, 19 Railway St. Uxbridge, ON
- Adventures at the BOO-seum! | Hosted by Scugog Shores Museum Village & Archives | Oct 19., 11 am -3 pm
- Haunted Village — Kawartha Settlers Village | Oct 19., 5 pm – 9 pm | Bobcaygeon
- Boo At The Toronto Zoo– Kids In Costume 12 & Under FREE* | Oct 19, 20, Oct 26 & 27.
October 25 & 26
Halloween Haunt at the Kids’ Safety Village – 2019 | Fri., Oct. 25 – Sat., Oct. 26 Kids Safety Village Of Durham Region, 1129 Athol St. Whitby, ON
- Spooky Nights at Brooks Farms | Fri., Oct 25, 5 pm-8 pm
- BOO!fest hosted by Group 74 | Kids Halloween Party | Oct 26, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm in Whitby
- Fright at the Museum | Sat Oct 26., 6pm -9pm | Sat., 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. | Uxbridge Historical Centre, 7239 Concession Rd 6 Uxbridge, ON
- Pre-school Halloween Party! | Oct 30th in Lindsay | 1:30 pm- 2:30 pm
- Family Halloween Activities | Sat., Oct. 26 & 27, 10:00 a.m – 4 pm. Canadian Automotive Museum in Oshawa.
Some tips for a Safe Halloween
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them. Limit the number of treats you eat.
- Use a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and others see you. WALK and don’t run from house to house
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use crosswalks wherever possible.
- ALWAYS walk on sidewalks whenever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.
- Only visit well-lit houses. Never accept rides from strangers.